Dec 6, 2008

Thank You and I'm not just talking about the card

Alrighty. Where do I begin? OK. Last month, my one and only blog entry is titled, "It's the first of many November Birthdays..." You may have noticed that no birthdays followed. Well, let me rephrase that. The birthdays came, but the cards didn’t follow.

By now, you all know what an awful procrastinator I am. I won’t bore you with the gory details of the past month. Why? Because there are no gory details to share. I have absolutely no good reason for the lack of postings over the last month. Those of you that have stuck with me despite me being me…I’ve gotta say THANK YOU!

I would especially like to thank Michelle. She doesn't realize it yet (she will, after she see's this ), but she has been a great inspiration for me. She always has some particularly groovy creation that's a treat for the eyes. Please check out her blog. I am especially grateful to her because she added me to her blog list which provides the last time that particular blog was updated and mine hadn't been updated in 4 weeks! Ouch! That was a kick in the pants that I needed.

I create this card as part of the Verve's Holiday Release Sketch Challenge (3 weeks ago) that I never completed. The challenge called for 5 cards in 5 days and I being who I am....you guessed it...I only did ONE!

Sorry for all the rambling, I just had to bare my soul. I think the only thing that’s going to keep me on the path of consistent blogging is to make a pledge...right here and right now. I, Alberta, hereby promise to myself and to my fellow readership that I will commit to at least one blog entry a week. I know it doesn’t sound like much, but for the procrastinator-extraordinaire this is a big deal. I need some accountability. So, if you see me slipping, call me on it…I need the support.

As always, 'til I craft again or have something to say (within a week ;)...


~Recipe~
Stamps: Foilage (K&Company), Thank You (garage sale goody), Dotted Border (Hampton Arts); Ink: Pearlescent Poppy & Rust (Tsukinek); Paper: Earth Burnt Orange & Polka Dot DP (DCWV), Textured Cream CS (Hobby Lobby), Cream CS (Georgia-Pacific); Accessories: Copper Rat Tail Cord (Hobby Lobby), Clear Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel (Ranger), Heat Gun, Pop Dots, Sponge; Techinique: Cracked Glass

3 COMMENTS:

Stamp and Smile said...

Yes, you are right I did notice it was 4 weeks from the last time you posted...LOL! I'll have to keep you on the 1 week posting cycle... I'm glad you are back!! :) Thanks for the very nice comments and words in your post. Now to the fun part... your card is very warm with the colors and DP. I love the cracked glass affect as it looks antiqued. Awesome!!! Chat again soon... Michelle :)

Anonymous said...

Well it's about time....welcome back. I only read one blog, so you guessed it, I haven't been reading very much. What a way to come back! I love this card! The colors are beautiful, just makes me feel warm and fuzzy. Great work...keep it up! See you next week.

mewTilman said...

Beautiful card. What an interesting way to combine elements. Love the colors.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...