Dec 14, 2008

It's a good thing I didn't say what...

It's a good thing that I didn't say what I would be blogging about this week, because I would be in a heap of trouble right now. Last week, I promised to be more consistent with my blog entries and I commited to at least one blog entry a week. Well, the week stops here and here's is my one entry. I don't have a craft project to share, but I do have a recipe to share and the labeling is sorta crafty (that should count for something). Anyway...it's late. Without further ado (about nothing), here is my Pièce de résistance (sounds fancy huh?)...

little bites of Heaven
I made these for a Christmas party. Apparently simple (recipe) is sometimes better. These were a hit - I brought an empty plate home.

These were so easy to make. My hubby got the recipe from a co-worker eons ago and they have been a Christmas favorite every since.







Recipe:
½ cup sugar
½ cup corn syrup
1 cup peanut butter
2 cup Rice Krispies

Directions:
1. Mix sugar and corn syrup together in a non-stick pot, bring to a boil, and then cut from heat 2. Stir in peanut butter and Rice Krispies
3. Spoon to wax paper

Optional: You can embellish the treat however you like. I melted some Nestle's semi-sweet chocolate chips and drizzled over the top of half the batch.

Voila! Easy Peezy!

Signage (the sorta crafty part):
I printed the recipe title in red TwizotHmk font (Microsoft) on some Georgia-Pacific White CS. I cut it out to make a flag and wrapped it around a toothpick and secured with tape. The tent was printed in the same way. The corners were rounded. I affixed a mini artificial leaf with a glue dot to the tent. The text may be a little hard to read, but it says..."little bites of heaven...from Alberta's Kitchen"

I would like to extend a special thanks to my best bud...for threatening me (in a loving way) and to my crafty bud for that gentle nudge that inspired me to get this post done (as promised). Thanks girls! If it weren't for you, I might have denied you the pleasure of this lovely recipe. LOL! Alright...I'm outta here. Nighty Nite!

'til I craft again or have something to say (I know, I know...it better be within a week)...

1 COMMENTS:

Stamp and Smile said...

Great recipe!!! I'll have to give them a try, YUMMY! I don't start work today till noon because of the storm that went through over the weekend. Fun presentation on the cookies... love the flag and tent!! Chat again soon. Smiles :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...