Dec 21, 2008

Happy Holidays

I felt like getting "Krafty" today and I do mean "Krafty". Today's or rather this evening's creation was born from my desire to use Kraft paper. It's something about Kraft paper that I just love. I think it has something to do with its raw, organic appeal. I tried a new technique referred to as 3D stamping. You can see it in the stamped, "Happy Holidays". Basically, it's a multi-step stamp technique that makes a stamped image look 3 dimensionally embossed.

~Recipe~

Card Size: 5"x5"; Technique: 3D Stamping, Dry Embossing, Watercoloring; Stamps: Warm & Cold (Penny Black), Happy Holidays (Visuation Design); Ink: Black (Memories); Paper: Polka Dot DP (DCWV), White CS (Georgia-Pacific), Kraft (Hobby Lobby); Accessories: Snowflakes Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug), Big Kick (Sizzix), Diamond Stickles (Ranger), Stamp-a-ma-jig (EK Success), Ribbon (Offray), White Chalk (Craft-T), Small Corner Rounder (EK Success), Foam Tape, Cotton Balls, Watercolor pencils, Paint brush


'til I craft again or have something to say... Happy Holidays!

3 COMMENTS:

Anonymous said...

I like this card. The design at the bottom is my favorite. I think the new technique looks kool too. Great job and kudos for posting for the 3rd week in a row.

Stamp and Smile said...

Merry Christmas Alberta!!!! I LOVE the Krafty look on your card... very divine!! You know how much I love the CB Snowflake embossing... YUM'O!! I have to try that technique as I have a large enough snowman to do it. (Or other images!) You always inspire me girl!!! Have a great Christmas to you and your family. I'm off to bed as it's after mid-night... early morning! Smiles... :)

Becky G said...

Fabulous card, Alberta! I love working with Kraft too! Love the technique you used! It's great!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...