Dec 28, 2008

My creativity is finally flowing...

A couple of weeks ago, I was conversing with Michelle of Stamp and Smile and I was telling her how my craft room is a mess which I really think was stalling my creative process. I just can't think in cluttered spaces. Well over the holiday break, I got my room organized. I can actually feel the creativity flowing in the space. It's truly a beautiful thing. My craft space is by no means the way I want it (thus not picture worthy), but at least it clean and everything has a place and everything is in its place.

As soon as I was done with my space I was ready to create. I had created a birthday card inspired by the SCS Ways to Use It Challenge (WT198 - Creative Letters), but something just didn't feel right about it. I had created my own layout and patterned paper, but something was off...I think it was the color.

Then my hubby comes along and said that he liked it, but the colors were throwing him off...it didn't say, "happy". I had to agree with him. I don't know what's got into my hubby, but he has become my crafty critic (without me asking), He always has something constructive to say. I love that man!

Anyway, after looking around SCS for some inspiration, I decided to use the layout from the most recent Sketch Challenge (SC208) as I thought it fit the inner layer I had already created.

Overall, I am happy with the results. My favorite part is the bee. You can't really tell in the photo, but I used foam tape so the bee would pop off the card. The bee looks like it is hovering right over the card. Let me know what you think.

'til I craft again or have something to say...


~Stuff Used~
Card Size: 4. 3/4"x 4 5/8"; Technique: Goo Gone (used the same way as Gamsol Magic); Stamps: Bees (Stamps Happen, Inc.); Ink: Black (Memories); Paper: DP & Yellow CS (DCWV), White CS (Georgia-Pacific), Textured Black CS (Hobby Lobby), Textured Cream paper; Accessories: Stamp-a-ma-jig (EK Success), Brown Chalk (Craft-T), Foam Tape, Color Pencils (Koh-i-noor), Goo Gone, Blending Stumps, Button (Hobby Lobby), Black Floss (DMC), American Craft Vinyl Thickers - Sprinkles, 3/4" Circle Punch (EK Success) (only used on the inside of the card)

3 COMMENTS:

Anonymous said...

I really like this card! The colors work. I am not sure what colors you had at first; but sounds like hubby has a good eye. I think he may be a keeper. Great card...let's keep'em coming. Congrats on completing the room! Hope to see pics sometime.

Stamp and Smile said...

I’m so happy you got your craft room organized!! It’s such a refreshing feeling and with the NEW YEAR coming, even better! I {LOVE} your card with this "cutie" of a Bee hovering over. I need to do more of the 3-D effect. (You have me inspired!!!) Your colors look great! It's fun getting the DH in the action. You have an AWESOME man who gives his honest opinion... I like that! If my DH is too tired I get a blank face, but when he's awake (He gets up at 4am) I have a smile and nice comments. Gotta love'm... Thanks for linking to my blog!!!!! Smiles... :)

Debbie Pamment said...

This is a really cute card - love the little bee! I also like the "tilted" effect of the layers - it's nice to be a bit wacky sometimes - LOL

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...