Jan 10, 2009

In the winter, love warms the heart...

This card was inspired by three things. What are those things? Glad you asked and I'm happy to tell ya...

#1 Last week I mentioned how I finally managed to get some organization into my craft room. I wasn't completely happy with the results. Granted everything has a place, but now I've got to organize the stuff in its place. For instance, I've been struggling to find ways to store my ribbon and I think I finally found a method that's gonna work for me. I'll share pictures when I get everything labeled. How was this inspirational for me? I'm sure there's probably some logical reason behind it, but all I know is uncluttered spaces unclutter my mind. Therefore my creativity flows freely without being blocked. I know it sounds kinda corny, but if feeling this way is wrong, I don't wanna be right. LOL!

#2 I've been wanting to do a winter themed card with a "love" type sentiment. I've been coming up with the corniest sentiments. I won't share them all, but here's one for your giggling pleasure. Are you ready? Here it goes..."Baby, it’s cold outside but don’t you worry…you’ll be warm and safe within my heart."
While not as corny, now you can understand the corniest of this card, titled "Love Warms".

#3 Our Creative Corner has a sketch challenge that got my creative juices flowing. As usual, I procrastinated to long and missed the opportunity for the prize. However, it's the sketch that inspired me to give my winter themed card a go.

Believe it or not...I'm already working on another card. Shocking...I know. I hope to have it posted sometime this weekend.

'til I craft again or have something to say...

~Love Warms Details~
Card Size: 4. 25"x 5.5"; Stamps: Winter Woods (Rubber Stamped); Ink: Moonlight White (Tsukinek); Paper: Light and Dark Textured Gray CS, Textured Burgundy CS, Kraft CS (Hobby Lobby), Textured Cream paper; Accessories: Heart Punch (EK Success), Cornice Edge Punch (Martha Stewart), Glitter (Doodlebug and Martha Stewart), Socially Awkward Font (kevinandamanda.com), Ribbon, Foam Tape

4 COMMENTS:

Stamp and Smile said...

Another AWESOME card girl!!! I really like the colors and the Kraft ads so much. Not to mention the YUMMY and rich looking ribbon. Its fun to organize when a person realizes what we forgot we have... I'm guilty as charged!!!! :) Can't wait to see how you organize your ribbon. I'm working on that too along with my large punches. I hope to get some stamping time in tonight... yeah!! :)

Cindy Haffner said...

So so pretty, I love it.

Anonymous said...

Great card. I love the colors. It does have a warm and fuzzt feel. Good job and let's keep 'em coming.

Stamp and Smile said...

Hi Alberta... I have a blog award to pass on to you! Pop into my blog and claim it!! Michelle :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...