Nov 5, 2008

It’s the first of many November Birthdays…

It’s my mother-in-law’s (MIL) birthday this week end. Here I go again...fashioning (where this word came from...I dunno) another card at the last minute. I will have to say that I’m improving on my response time. I'm trying to leave my procrastinator-ish ways behind me. My creative juices are rolling much faster when it comes to producing a project.

Of course, it seems I do nothing without being inspired by something. I was perusing through this year's "Paper Crafts "Holiday Cards & More Issue", volume 3 and on page 72 came across a Happy Kwanzaa card by Teri Anderson. The card has such an organic quality to it - rough and rugged, but nice and simple at the same time. Something about it, just pulled at my creative heart strings. Without further ado, here's what my heart poured our for my MIL...



As always, 'til I craft again or have something to say...


~Recipe~
Ink
: Black (StazOn) [for siggy on back]; Paper: Kraft CS, Textured Black CS & shade Blue CS (Hobby Lobby), White CS (Georgia-Pacific); Accessories: You All Everybody Font (kevinandamanda.com), Oyster White Semi-Opaque Acrylic Paint (Delta Ceramcoat), Vinyl Thickers (American Craft), Hemp Cord (Darice), Stapler w/staples, Nail File (used to distress paint & edges)

4 COMMENTS:

Anonymous said...

Interesting card. It kind of has a beachy feel to it. Or it could be me, wishing I was at the beach right about now. Anyway, I like how the letters seem to be raised off the card or haphazardly attached to the card. The colors are wonderful. Great job, I am sure your MIL will love it!

Anonymous said...

Hi Alberta!
I just stumbled on your blog and wanted to tell you that I love your take on the card.
It made me smile... very big! :)
Take care!
teri

Stamp and Smile said...

Hi Alberta... Fun Card!! Love the colors and how you white washed the Happy Birthday... Smiles! :)

PS- I'm getting more computer savy on my blog...LOL!

Jean said...

What a great card, I love the colors and the white acrylic background! TFS

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...