Feb 12, 2009

Valentine goodness...

I have completed 3 cards in 2 days. Yeah – you read it right! 3 card in 2 days. For those that are familiar with me – I’m sure you are asking, “What’s wrong with her?” I guess I was a lil’ motivated because a guy asked me to make something for his wife and mother. Still, I have never produced this many cards in 2 nights – after I got home from work, ate, showered, watched a lil’ TV, etc and then I got to craftin’. I’m just so danged excited I’m finally getting my butt in gear. Ok…now that I’ve gotten that out of the way, let’s get down to what I’ve done.

The “i {heart} u” card was done using a SCS Sketch (SC214). I just absolutely adore satin ribbon. Don’t you? It just adds pizzazz. I think this is the first bow I’ve tied on a card that I’m completely happy with. Don’t you just love when that happens? I love the sparkly chipboard letters from American Crafts. I think I’m developing a Jones for AC stickers.



The “Happy Valentine’s Day” card was done using Jen Del Muro’s most recent SFYTT sketch. Also, this card was partly inspired by this card. I love the tone on tone and texture on texture. I just love the glittered hearts. I always thought doing glittered hearts would be a pain, but they were rather simple…especially with using the Xyron 150 to apply the adhesive.

The “Bee mine” card was done using an old (not by lots) SCS Sketch (SC208). I have a thing for this sketch and this stamp. The first card I did with both came out well and I was quite please with it. So I said, if ain’t broke don’t fix it. I kinda “cased” my original idea of using the stamp in the same kinda way. I love this Bees stamp by Stampendous…it’s so cute and I love using stamps to replace words. This sketch is so fun; I thought it would fit well with my fun theme.



Hope your Valentine’s Day is groovy.

‘til I craft again or have something to say…


~Stuff Used on “i {heart} u”~
Technique: Embossing; Card Size: 4.25"x 5.5"; Paper: Heavy Black and Red CS (Hobby Lobby); Accessories: Foam Squares, Yellow Heart Punch (Marvy), Crystal Fine Glitter (Martha Stewart), Black Sating Ribbon (Offray), Glitter Chipboard Letter Stickers (American Crafts Thickers – Sprinkles), Heart Blocks & Swiss Dots Embossing Folders (Cuttlebug)

~Stuff Used on “Happy Valentine’s Day”~
Technique: Embossing; Card Size: 4.5"x 5"; Paper: White CS (Georgia-Pacific), Red CS (Hobby Lobby); Accessories: Foam Squares, Missed Your Exit font (www.kevinandamanda.com), Yellow and Blue Heart Punch (Marvy), Crystal Fine Glitter (Martha Stewart), Heart Blocks & Swiss Dots Embossing Folders (Cuttlebug)

~Stuff Used on “Bee mine”~

Card Size: 4.5"x 5"; Stamp: Bees (Stamps Happen, Inc.); Ink: Black (StazOn); Paper: DP (DCWV), White CS(Georgia-Pacific), Pink CS (Hobby Lobby); Accessories: Foam Squares, Heart Buttons (Michael’s), White Floss (DMC), Color Pencils (Koh-i-noor), Goo Gone, Cool Gray No. 1 Marker (Copic – C1), Vinyl Letter Stickers (American Crafts Thickers – Sprinkles), Stamp-a-ma-jig (EK Success), Blending Stumps

2 COMMENTS:

Stamp and Smile said...

Hi Alberta!! Yes, I'm in shock seeing all your WONDERFUL Valentine cards on one post!! ROCK ON GIRL... :) The satin ribbon does give an elegant feel and I {{LOVE}} anything with bling!! The hearts give a JAZZY sparkle...

Happy Valentine's Day!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, three cards...no you have been busy. I like all three. I like the satin ribbon, it gives the card a soft feeling. The texture on texture is nice too. Great job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...