Jun 8, 2011

Turn that frown upside down

Hello, Hello, Hello! If you haven’t noticed the pattern yet, it’s CAS-ual Fridays challenge time. The pattern I’m talking about is my terrible habit of posting at the last minute. I know I have problem. Like the lyrics from one of my favorite gospel songs by Albertina Walker…"Please be patient with me, God is not through with me yet."  I’m a work in progress.

This CAS-ual Fridays challenge is based on the following sketch:


This is my contribution...


Please let me know what you think.

Thanks, Alberta

~Supplies~

Paper: White and Colors (Hobby Lobby)
Accessories: Cream Soda Thickers (American Crafts), Circle Punches (EK Success), Microsoft Word, Foam Squares

11 COMMENTS:

Michele Gross said...

I think its fun!! Great take on Laura's sketch!
You call it a pattern, I call it something to look forward to *grin* We don't care when you show up, we're just glad to see you here at CAS-ual Fridays! :D

Virginia L. said...

What an uplifting message and card, Alberta! Love your use of colors and sketch!! So glad that you join us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Oh my goodness! That sentiment is amazing! Love your interpretation of the sketch - it's so much fun! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! I'm so glad you did and hope you'll give us a try again!

Karen B. said...

First, what a great sentiment! Second, I love how your two elements work so well together from the sketch! Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

Unknown said...

great colors! very cute card

Laronda said...

Cute card. Love the bright smile and the quote. Great work. Keep it up, you are on a roll!

Kryssi said...

love how bold this! Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

Rochelle Sodipo said...

Ain't that the truth! "A smile is the curve that sets everything straight." That's powerful! I really enjoyed this one Alberta and that new profile pic is TOO FAB! YOU'D BETTER WORK HONEY!

Jen W. said...

Awesome take on the sketch! Love the dotty border with the sentiment on it. (I used the same sentiment recently!)

Jenny said...

Hi Alberta. Sorry didn't get round to comment last week but I love your bright cheerful card, the sentiment is ace. Thanks for visiting my blog too:)
Jenny x

Michelle said...

Alberta, I was wandering through your blog when I came to this card, and I couldn't not comment. I love it! Great idea, and great sentiment, and great colours. . . it is all great!
Michelle.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...